Description










hamiltoncommunityblog@gmail.com



Saturday, October 30, 2010

Illegal Dumping.... Concerned Resident


This morning along with a helpful neighbour we cleaned up 6 extra large bags full of old green shingles, glass, nails and about 4-5 large slabs of drywall.
I am thinking one of the neighbours on Church Street who had their roof recently done also had a small shed done and their roofers "again" dumped the waste along the ESA property on Church Street.
I know a few people who did have their roofs done but I did not see who it was.

#1 We need this waste picked up by the City. It is located at the entrance of EdgeLake Park at the garbage can.

#2 We are asking that the City create the ESA signage that also says no dumping and place these on Church Street and Frances. I know you have asked the school board but they still have not listened and it has been over 3 years now.

#3 I think it would be wise to also create a flyer for Church Street residents and also the main houses along Frances that face the lands so that everyone understands that NO waste should be dumped there for any reason. I will personally volunteer to drop off those flyers.

These small requests could stop this problem altogether. I have also attached pictures for your reference.

Please let me know what you think about these ideas.

Thank you for your assistance on this.


Sincerely,

Stacey Long
Ward 10





No comments:

Post a Comment