Description










hamiltoncommunityblog@gmail.com



Friday, October 8, 2010

Ferris Park PUBLIC Bocce Courts

Here is an email I have received from a concerned resident regarding Ferris Park.


Dear Bernard, as a resident of the Ferris Park area I have a bit of an issue and overall question regarding the Bocce Courts at Ferris Park. On the City of Hamilton Website it states that it is a public park with PUBLIC Bocce courts.http://www.hamilton.ca/CityDepartments/PublicWorks/Parks/ParkListInfo/ParksListA-F.htm Meaning I and many other residents pay taxes to run this park. Here are a few pictures I took to show you how PUBLIC these courts are. I have walked my dog all summer here and there are maybe 20-30 members who play at these courts and over 20,000 residents who pay the taxes for the upkeep of it. If it is PUBLIC, then why is there a lock keeping the rest of the public out. It is these 30 "special" residents who get the special treatment from Maria in exchange for lawn sign delivery and spreading her flyers. Just thought I'd let you know this. I wish you the best of luck and thought you might post it so the rest of the 20,000 plus residents know this. We are paying taxes for the luxuries of a selected few. If my kids want to play Bocce they are not allowed, but one thing is for certain my taxes will continue to increase while a selected few reap the benefits. I understand people like to play Bocce, but leave the courts open for the rest of us. This is just another example of the unfair treatment that goes on in Ward 10.
If you don't post this, I understand it is a touchy subject.


Linda










2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about that too. Nice facilites, too bad we can't access them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe as residents we should ask more questions why these few get special treatment. The city has no clue about it from what I heard.

    ReplyDelete