Description










hamiltoncommunityblog@gmail.com



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Premier Fitness: Most complaints from public survey. VIDEO

With the New Year coming and going, many of us have that same old New Year’s resolution. Get fit. We inquire about a gym membership with the many establishments here in Hamilton. The video below is from the show Market Place on CBC, an investigation show on businesses with shady practices. 8 years ago I was attending Premier Fitness in Hamilton, I was totally robbed of my money. Someone from that location swiped my VISA for boxing lessons that I didn’t even attend. I never did end up getting my money back and even ended up paying for it ($464) after I had no other choice. I even made out a police report and they said that they would conduct a fraud investigation.  I am happy that Market Place has finally exposed the gym frauds that are going around. If you’re in the hunt for a gym membership, try paying in cash. NEVER give out any BANKING or CREDIT CARD information, time and time again people have been getting billed months after they cancel, being double billed and signed up for lessons that they never agreed to. So if you want to get fit, do some research and keep the billing information to yourself. Below is the episode of Market Place that aired about 2 weeks ago. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Great article! I'm continuously surprised with all the 'stealing' these gyms do from people's credit cards, how the government hasn't cracked down on that yet. It's funny to, I wanted to pay for my gym membership using cash and the guy was being all pissy about it....figured he'd get more money out of me later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why hasn't the Banks & Government take severe action against these fraudulent gym's and fitness centers, it is a kind of daylight robbery.

    ReplyDelete