Description










hamiltoncommunityblog@gmail.com



Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hamilton's new Mayor Bob Bratina . VIDEO

Yesterday Bob Bratina became Hamilton's Mayor officially. Growing up as a teenager and playing on a Croatian Basketball team with his son Sam, I had the pleasure of traveling to Pittsburgh  for tournaments where I remember meeting Bob and his wife Carol .
With the 7-8 hour drive on the bus, we got into a conversation of what I wanted to study in school. Bob, who worked in Radio at the time, told me it was something I should look into, and thus after careful consideration and thought, I enrolled in Mohawk College's Journalism and Communications Media program, where I spent three years learning the ins and outs of the business.
Just this past year in March, I called Bob and asked him to meet with me for career advice, which he had so helpfully given me in my youth. Despite his busy schedule, Bob always found time to let me into his office to ask questions, and always gave great advice. What struck me most from my meeting with Bob was that even after 14 years, he still remembered my name, what I had studied, and even the basketball games and bus rides. At the time,  I had no idea that Mr. Bratina would run for Mayor just 6 months down the road. When he announced his candidacy, I knew that Bob had a great shot of winning the election, not only because of his clear platform, but also because of the way he treats people.  I'd like to congratulate Mayor Bob Bratina and wish him the best of luck in his new role, and for his commitment to moving this city forward.  Check out the video below from the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment