Description










hamiltoncommunityblog@gmail.com



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My October 14th Email to the HSR in regards to buses for Senior Citizens.

Hello my name is Bernard Josipovic and I am candidate at this years Municipal Election. I was wondering if I can get some help in regards to helping out some senior citizens.
I attended the Stoney Brook apartments and some of the women there were inquiring about getting a bus maybe once a month that would take them to Eastgate square to shop from their area.
They said that many of them don't drive and the bus would fill up no problem. Just wondering if any of you can forward me some information like phone numbers and I pass this along to them so they can get int touch and perhaps help them and the businesses of Eastgate Square.
Let me know, thanks.


I am happy to say that today I got a response regarding the request. HSR Customer Service to me.

Hello Bernard,
Our Planning department has sent the following response to your inquiry.

Stemming from the HSR Operational Review presentation made to Council in October 2009, staff are presently working to provide the City with a plan to improve and develop public transit services in Hamilton over the next five years, consistent with the City’s vision of sustainable development and the Hamilton Transportation Master Plan. A range of route and service improvement options for the 2010 to 2014 time period are being reviewed. Depending upon the availability of funding, some high priority options will be presented to Council for their consideration this year.

Thanks for your interest in The Hamilton Street Railway

Discuss...................


No comments:

Post a Comment